3000 lots of GB and Foreign stamps every 3 months
Realistic prices accurate descriptions efficient service
Backed by 40 years of integrity and fair dealing
Right Material - Right price - Write now - Right!
Abbreviations used in our catalogues:
· um unmounted mint, same as NH, never hinged any faults are described.
· vf mint lightly mounted mint - any faults are described:-
· for example, vf mint, 1x short perf means the stamp has 1 short (not pulled) perf otherwise it is very fine mint.
· f mint reasonable mount for the period, any faults are described.
· fresh mint - mint not quite fine but still very good, mm mounted mint, hmm heavily mounted mint.
· vfu - very fine used a light cancel for the period, fresh and without faults:
· on modern issues this means a neat circular steel cancel
· on early issues it means a light or crisp cancel of the period - numeral, duplex, Maltese Cross, etc.
· cds circular or counter date stamp.
· gu good used, very collectable but not quite fine, g-f good to fine.
· FFC first flight cover, FDC first day cover, fdi - first day of issue circular cancel, Sp h/s special handstamp.
· Mi Michel catalogue, Yv Yvert, Sc -- Scott.
· c£50 catalogued by Stanley Gibbons at £50 (using the SG catalogue current at the time of describing).
· c320DM/ catalogued by Michel at 320 German Marks/Euros - c500f catalogued by Yvert at 500 French francs.
· blk 8 block of 8; cvr cover; reg env registered envelope; ~50 approximately 50; M/sh, MS miniature sheet.
· LM RM - booklets with left margin, right margin.
· 2B, CB, LB, RB phosphor bands 2 band, centre band, left band, right band.
· EEH - extra extension hole refers to 2 perforation holes when there is normally one in a cylinder block or booklet pane margin.
· pl12 plate 12.
· MX - Maltese Cross.
· r5/2 variety on the second stamp in row 5.
· BR, BL, TR, TL bottom right, bottom left, top right, top left.
· HPF#21, FF Head Plate Flaw on stamp number 21 of the sheet, Frame Flaw.
· LP, RP - left pane, right pane.
· H&G Higgins and Gage postal stationery catalogue.
· Cert with certificate of authenticity.
· p14 perf 14, or phosphor cyl number 14
· sg351(6) shade number 6 in the SG Specialised catalogue where the basic stamp is sg351.
· 56pp illus book with 56 pages including illustrations.
· pres pack presentation pack (official Post Office Issue).
·  45 items in the lot
Avoid disappointment: see guide to successful bidding.
The reference numbering systems for book types, decimal books (DB), decimal panes (DP) and perforation types, which are used in this listing are the copyright of the Great Britain Decimal Stamp Book Study Circle (GB DSB SC) and are used with the Circles kind permission. The Membership Secretary is Tony Wilkins, 3 Buttermere Close, Brierley Hill, West Midlands DY5 3SD.